Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Back in the Saddle

Well, it's been over a year since I posted on my orphan blog. I've thought about it from time to time, but life always seemed to get in the way. Imagine.

I've made a lot of personal changes in the past year. Due to surgery, I can no longer eat "normal" quantities at a time. I look back on my beginning bento attempts and think they would last me a few days now! For a while, this meant that my culinary adventures went by the wayside. I'm glad to say I've rediscovered my love for cooking and am back with enthusiasm. I'm also back significantly "greener" than I was before. I've done a lot of reading while I've been away. (Food, Inc was my initial catalyst; I've since gone on to Pollan and numerous other sources.) The more I learn, the more I'm convinced that almost everything I believed about what made one's diet "healthy" was, at best, misguided. It's late, so I'm not going to get on my newly discovered soapbox in this post...suffice to say that I now make a conscious effort to eat locally, sustainably, and as organic as possible. I believe my family's short-term and long-term health are better for it (as is my conscience).

I'm afraid I've fallen off the exercise wagon, but it's one of my goals to get back into the habit before school starts. I would ultimately like to get up to four good hours per week. I think that's reasonable...now I just need to listen to the Nike commercial and do it.

Alright, that's enough for one night. I'm making a new baby artichoke recipe tomorrow. I'll try to post the results so that this blog can get moving toward where I'd like it to go. Baby steps, baby steps...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All views are welcome. Please keep things on topic and use common courtesy. :-)